ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP water leaking

hi all ive had my 172 ph2 a couple of days now its got 75k on the clock and has never had a cambelt change, i really liked the car so bartered him down to make sure that it was cheap enough so that it could warrant me having the cambelt done.

the car ran fine apart from a rattleing sound coming from down by the cambelt somewhere but i thought never mind if im having the cambelt done then it will sort it.

now ive goit another problem that has just turned up, wter is leaking and when i say leaking it is leaking bad. ive took all the s**t gaurds out to try and investigate but cant really see alot cos its so tight but the water looks like it is coming from the pulley just to the top right of the bottom pulley, is this the water pump and do you think this is the cause

obviously i was going to have this changed anyway but i just want some reassurance before the car goes in on thursdsay

cheers elliot

well thats not to bad then seeing as i planned on having it done this week anyway could be that making the funny noise?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea sounds like the impellor is breaking up quite possibly, i wouldnt drive it far incase it has come apart the bits may get stuck somewhere important