ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP VALVER PROBLEMS!! (ATTACHED THE BATTERY THE WRONG WAY!)

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
As above really!

Attached the battery the wrong way (dont ask)!!

Was on for approx 30 seconds and a very slight bit of smoke come from an earth cable attached to the front of the bay ( cable was very hot!) and also a bit came from another earth cable attached to the altenator!

This knackered the battery - ive since put a new battery on and it wont start! All lights, windows, wipers etc work when you turn the key and the fuel pump comes in, the car turns over as if it wants to start but it just wont go!!! :dapprove:

Checked all the fuses and there all fine!

In the bay there is a black box on the right hand side with what i think the relay is in, I have removed them and the pins on them look black! ( like they have burnt out maybe!) Could the problem be this?

Has anybody any ideas on what it could be!

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks Paul.

M

mini-valver

May have shorted the coil, it's earthed to the body so has probably screwed that. Are you getting a spark? If you are, ignore what I just said, lol

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Lol cheers mate im pretty sure theres no spark had a mate look at it and he said there wasnt but again hes no mechanic! lol

M

mini-valver

Try a coil first though mate. Borrow one off a mate, and an ECU.

If it is your ECU, PM Wilky1107 as he's put a Hillpower one on his and has the OE one spare!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Cheers bud ill have the williams2 (turbo) back tomorrow night!

It will still start up on that ecu wont it? Wouldnt do any damage to it either would it?

M

mini-valver

Nope, They're Plug and play! Get a thread up when you do, never seen the turbo.....

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Cheers again fella,

I will do it will be fcs to! Got track time! should be fun!

Its runing rich at the mo hopfully have it sorted tomorrow tho if not expect abit of smoke lol!

M

mini-valver

No worries dude! I'll look out for the mk1 pouring black smoke out then ;)