ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help !!! The blipper dont work

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi All

My 182 is sick, I drove to work this morning and all was fine until I got out of the car to lock it. The blipper did not lock the doors. I took the car to condems (Camdens) and they said I need a new blipper. If that is the case why does my spare one not lock the car?
Is there a way of finding out what has gone wrong?
Is it likely to be both remotes?
Is there a fuse to protect the door remotes?
The interior lock button still works.
Help please

xx

PH1 iceburg
Mine has done this a few times but i used the key in the lock on the passenger side to get in and flicked the locks on and off from inside and ran the engine a bit and it seemed to work after

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
when turning on the ignition, hold in the button on the key. It should sync the remote locking again.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Then the fuses are the best bet. Im not sure if there is a seperate fuse for the receiver, seeing as the locking does work when you press the button in the car, which suggests there isnt a problem with the central locking itself.

edit: im not sure if it is even connected to this but, take a look under the passenger footwell. Are there any plugs loose on the unit there?

Arctic Blue FF 182
Not sure about whats wrong, other then slide the covers off and make sure the battery is sat correctly and hasn't popped out, mine have done that before.
Price wise, i believe from renault a new fob programmed is about £120, but dont quote me on that as it was a while ago i had to get one!

182 has now gone!
Exactly the same has happened to my car as well... Renault said its the ECU unit which costs £400 to have replaced/fitted and the keys re programmed..

(The keys are still working but its the main unit which isnt recieving the signal)

So I am still locking/unlocking the car with the key!!!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=320749

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Exactly the same has happened to my car as well... Renault said its the ECU unit which costs £400 to have replaced/fitted and the keys re programmed..

(The keys are still working but its the main unit which isnt recieving the signal)

Its NOT the ECU. Its another electronic unit that controls the central locking. If your car is an import then this unit is inside a sealed box which means the whole thing needs replacing.

If its not an import, it should be seperate as its part of the alarm.

RenaultSport clio 182

Ouch !!

So the ECU could be the problem. Not bad I suppose, I have had 3 exhausts fail, the ECU box bracket break, the steering wheel rubber inserts blow and the Renault garage want my to buy a 197. I don't think so
And also I think the rocker gasket is leaking as I have spotted oil on the right of the engine just below the cover.
I love the car but she is starting to cost too much me thinks

182 has now gone!
Sorry its a UCH unit!

Mine was leaking oil. needed to have the bolts re sealed... solved the problem!!

Seems this is all a common problem with 182's!!!

RenaultSport clio 182
Sorry its a UCH unit!

Mine was leaking oil. needed to have the bolts re sealed... solved the problem!!

Seems this is all a common problem with 182's!!!

Hi all

Just been told by Camdens that the rocker cover gasket has gone and it is a 7hour job !! Is this true or are they out to rip me off.

Also a friend is going to take the UCH box off and see if there is any visable damage like blow fuse etc that he can repair, he has asked that if you unplug the UCH box will it keep all the data that it has on it ? Does he need to disconnect the battery too.

Regards
:dead:

RenaultSport clio 182
Good news guys !!!!

I have just removed all of the fuses relating to the UCH unit and refitted and after messing about for a bit the blipper works and the car starts !!

The spare key has stopped working now but I will get that reprogrammed soon.

Keep plently of 5, 10 and 15 amp fuses in the car :D