ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: Stop Light (slightly random) and Engine Mngt (Slightly Random)

So im having two issues, they have both started to occur in tandom with each other, however im not sure if they are related. So you aware as this may help car was fully serviced 2 months ago, done 4,000 miles since. Cambelt was done 3 months ago and done about 4500 miles since.

Stop Light & (!) Handbreak light
This issue has only just started to happen, both lights appear at the same time, for a few seconds and then go off. They only come on, when throwing the car into a bend hard while accelerating.
Note: I allways leave traction control on, so do not know if it does this when i turn traction control off.

Engine Management Light
Decated the car about a month ago. The decat has the blanking plate in it, with the lamba sense tucked away in a bag to stop it from reading. Light has only started coming on in the past two days. When plugging in a diagnostics (only a basic one), it is coming up that the fault is due to bank 2 lamba sensor (the on removed).
Note: Also did the dial test, and it came up with error code t some times and other not. If i do the dial test some times while drive (turning engine on and off) sometime it turns the engine management light off and it will stay off.

Guys thanks in advance for reading this and your help. Appoligies for spellings ect... i did try, but spell check wont work and keeps crashing my internet.

Thanks
Rich (Joey Essex)

the stop and handbrake will probably be your brake fluid

That make sense, as rear pads are close to needing changing... i suppose the reason its coming on at bends is because the movement of the liquid is going below the sensor!

Thanks for that!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the stop and handbrake light is likely to be a "brake fluid low" warning light, the sloshing about when throwing it into bends its probs the cause. have a look at the reseviour and maybe top it up if need be.

the engine management light is probs a warning that youre getting incorrect readings from the post cat lambda, ie, it thinks the cats not working! not sure how you would get rid of this warning.

the stop and handbrake light is likely to be a "brake fluid low" warning light, the sloshing about when throwing it into bends its probs the cause. have a look at the reseviour and maybe top it up if need be.

the engine management light is probs a warning that youre getting incorrect readings from the post cat lambda, ie, it thinks the cats not working! not sure how you would get rid of this warning.

Might put the lamba sense back into a new bag and try hiding it even better, maybe sort the lamba issue out... its only just started!!

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Don't bother putting a bag over the sensor, it's not needed. I run a decat pipe and just plugged the sensor back in. 4 months later, still no light on.