ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help...Speakers...

Artic Blue Clio 182
Hi there,

probably a silly Q but are 3 way coaxill speakers better than 2 way coaxill speakers?

I'm just looking for a simple cheap upgrade and have found some Kenwood 2 & 3 way coaxill speakers, 160w max output.

Thanks!

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
3 Way uses three seperate drivers, whereas 2 way uses two drivers (Coax speakers build these drivers ontop of each other into one unit). Theoretically more power and greater range, but in the end you are ending up with another crossover point - which just leads to more phase issues and overall a worse sound :) Least number of drivers you can get away with the better!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The best speakers there are the last ones, tehy are the only 2 ways, the other are dual cones which are to be avoided. Also Im not a fan of Sony or Kenwood tbh!

Artic Blue Clio 182
yeah that was my fav out the lot, I've had pioneer speakers in the past.
Also what did you think of that headunit for a simple, cheap upgrade?

I've spent lots on HUs in the past, but I just want to get a cheap model now as all I am after is being able to play MP3s and a slightly better sound than the stock HU/speaker set up....

Artic Blue Clio 182
Shall do, i guess its worth gettin 4 speakers and changing the lot yeh?

Cheers for your help on this!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well that depends as well, I always switch my rear speakers off as I feel it ruins sound quality! But if you dont do that then yeah do all 4, you may as well!