ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!! revving car when i stop

Clio 1.4 RT
Hi all
I've got a bit of a problem on my T reg 1.4 Clio RT when i drive my car about for a bit and stop at a traffic lights or junction my revs stop between 2 and 1000 revs someone said its my throttle position sensor or air sensor? how can i fix it pls help
thanks
nick

Odyssey 172 phase 1
it could also be an air leak somewhere in air filter set up, if it idle control valve it would normally idle a bit higher than 2k revs.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
if its a 16v its the same as my 1.6 16v mine done it a few times and its been faulty idle control valves.

quite simple and easy to change.

Mk3 clio 1.5
yeah agreed with it been the idle control valve, there easy to change, just find your throttle body, it will located on itself. Make a note of the model number and order a replacement, check out eurocarparts. Should be 2/3 torx screws holding it in place, for ease remove the throttle body.