ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help...Rescue of Data from Macbook HDD

Yaris Hybrid
Woman at work had a Macbook and spilt her wine on it. The thing went off and wouldn't come back on.

She bought a new PC but had photos on her Macbook HDD which she desperately wanted.

She contacted one place that wanted £250 to recover them.

Well I removed her HDD as I have an adapter at home which I use so that I can take HDD's out of my old PC's and basically reuse them as external hard drives. You know a SATA/IDE to USB converter.

I connect it to the Macbook HDD and turned it on. The drive started spinning up but my PC wouldn't detect the drive and it sounded like the head was aimlessly seeking.

I assume it was obviously because of some difference between Mac drives and PC drives.

So the drive is working it would seem, is there any device I or she can use to get jpg's off it etc? Preferably without finding someone else with a Mac but if it comes to that then so be it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If the drive sounds like it's aimlessly seeking after power-up then it's fucked.

Yaris Hybrid
Well it wasn't contaminated by wine so I think the drive is ok. More of an issue was that it was being connected to a PC with a SATA to USB PC device!

Rusty Cup
no difference in drives but a pc wont mount a osx journaled hd!! send it to us at western computers we can do data recovery for £60+vat :D

If the drive is clicking it is screwed, but by the sounds of the damage to the computer we are confident we can retrieve the info.

email bristol@western.co.uk if interested :)

Yaris Hybrid
Cheers mate I will pass that on to her in work tomorrow, do you have a website or something I can link her to as well?