ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help required please!

clio 182
I'm not sure where to put this, but I'm guessing it's electrical... when I brake my revs drop to 0 but if I release the brake they go back up, in an out of gear this happens!

whilst stationary outside my house, I disconnected the wires to the brake pedal and tried again whilst in neutral, nothing happened! plugged back in revs dropped and stalled! unplugged to double check nothing, plugged back in stalled!!

any ideas whats wrong???

thanks in advance

clio 182
Do you mean the car actually stalls or do you mean the tacho needle just drops to 0?
the revs will drop to 0 causing it to stall! as soon as I press my brake the revs drop right the way down so say it's at 4k rpm they will drop straight to 0 unless I take my foot off again and they will raise back to normal

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep, it'll be the ECU getting a signal to make it cut power... It sounds like it thinks your moving.

Needs the wiring checking

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A Vac leak would cause engine speed to rise not fall. This is, I am certain, is the ECU getting the command from the brake pedal switch to cut C/C. I've seen it a few times but its normally on the 172 Cup. Usually a short to + somewhere in the loom causing the 5v ref voltage to be constantly applied to the pin.

You need to check the brake light circuit i'm afraid