ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Rear exhuast hanger problems

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Hey guys just tried to change my rear exhaust mount but cant get the damned rubber off the metal exhaust hanger (its a magnex btw), removed all three bolts then tried to pull the rubber off the end but no joy, gave it some stick too properly pulling at it, thought the rubber may snap in places where it was worn and i was pulling but it didnt even move a mm:S!
Any suggestions guys? Cheers

Clio 172mk2
so uve removed the 3 bolts that goes through the oe hanger and the magnex one. after that the old one should just pull out

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Yeah taken the three bolts off that hold the hanger so that was all loose, but when it came to removing the hanger from the actual back box the rubber feels like its been welded to the metal pipe on the backbox, no matter how much i pulled/pushed at it it didnt budge a mm! was considering cutting through it to get it off, unless i'm missing something obvious!?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Cool cheers for the tip Rob didnt want to use wd40 as i'd heard it damages rubber and didn't want any contamination of the second mount but if that's the only way i'l give it a go and hope i clean it all off!! Thanks for the quick reply guys. Sods law its just started pissing it down so will hopefully get this sorted tomorrow!