ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help ! possible wheel bearing and sticking caliper

clio 172cup
Right basically I think I've got what sounds like a rear wheel Bearing gone ... It's a constant humming noise, but also the rear caliper keeps seizing ???

The rear caliper stuck a while back but there was no noise at that time , and we put it down to the fact that one of the dust covers was missing , so we sorted all that and it was fine . But now this has happened .... Why has it seized again? And could it be related to the possible wheel bearing noise ?? There is currently no play in either wheels but the noise is awful !

Thanks

clio 172cup
Was the caliper replaced last time?

No ?? Will it need to be replaced seeing as crap may have got in ? It wasn't the piston dust cap , it was the other one . The discs were just replaced and all the relevant parts were greased . It was obviously ok for a while but now it's bust again lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
New caliper is needed by look of things. I'd get that done and see if it stops the noise.

clio 172cup
Hmm ok . Is it not possible that the heat it's been causing from seizing could have damaged the bearing in anyway ?? Because it is typical bearing symptoms