ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please!

Mondeo TDCi
i went and looked at a 172 cup today (silver with a/c) and it seemed very nice, in immaculate condition outside but the inside had lots of mould in the glove box and the boot was damp... is this just that its been sitting about for a while and not been driven? never come accross mould in a car before.

also the service history is missing, however the salesman was away so i will be going to see it again if he can show me some actual history.

advertised for £5k with 42k on the clock which seems a bit steep?

any thoughts on the mould or if it sounds a good buy would be much appreciated.

thanks,

joe

Iceberg 172
Walk away mate!

£5k for a Cup on 42k is very steep imo.

AC and Silver is very rare, but the AC unit is the heaviest part removed from the 172 to vreate the Cup... So I wouldn't have a Cup with AC... I'd just get a normal 172 if you were that bothered about having AC.

172 cup
Be very wary mate, also 5k sounds a bit steep for 42k and no history. I have exactly the same car, purchased mine just over 12 months ago now, had 33k and fsh 04 plate (Peperami's old clio) for quite a bit less.

As for air con, some people see the benefit and some dont. If you intend to track the car or strip the car out in any way i wouldn't bother with it.

Mondeo TDCi
thanks for the comments everyone, going to speak to the salesman on monday to see if he can show me a proper history. Not too bothered about the air con preferred on without but its not the end of the world if it has it. Will see if i can get it for about 4500 still quite a bit but it is in great condition (bar the mould!!) Also it has a full s/s stealth exhaust which makes it sound v nice!

ph1 track weapon
i'd be wanting him to dry it all out, and get the entire interior valeted to get rid of the mould too. i'm guessing a seal or two may have gone somewhere too

have you checked the logbook to make sure its definitely a cup and not a standard 172 with turinis?

Mondeo TDCi
yeah they said they would get rid of it all. i didnt check the log book but it had the turinis, cup decals on the door pillars, spoiler, cloth interior front splitter no xenons etc so pretty sure it was a cup unless someone went to a lot of effort to make it look like one!

172 Cup
why u so bothered about this one, there are lots of other decent ones around, i know its silver etc, but the colour is surly not as important as the condition of the car, it wouldnt surprise me if you bought this and it was riddled with problems!

Mondeo TDCi
not that fussed it was just that its local and the exterior is in such good condition. still lots more to see

It's A Reno
Don't bother, walk away, infact, run away.
No history is a big no no.
Have the belts been done?
£5k is very, very expensive.
In my experience, cars with mould inside have either been treated very badly or have got major leak problems.
If it's been treated badly, do you really want it?
If it's got major leak problems, just do a search on here and see how much trouble people have getting rid of little leaks. It may even be as a result of accident damage.

There are plently more better, cheaper cars out there. Don't get hooked on this one.

Mondeo TDCi
hearts not set on a silver one, hopefully going to see a blue one in the week. just come into a dealer as a part ex