ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please?

Clio 2.0 172
Hello, i have a 1.6 Dynamique Scharged.. with no major mods, just looks like your average 1.2 clio , The supercharger is a Eaton Supercharger from a mini Cooper S.
But im going to upgrade and want to go faster so i was wondering if anyone knew what engines fit into these bays? its a 03 Plate Dynamique Shell, i was originally looking at a Audi S3 TT 215bhp Engine.. but im not sure what else fits.

Anyone got any advice?
And if you do, can you tell me if id need to change anything else..
Eg. I have a full R32 brakes front and back will these need changed?
Eg. Will i have to change my springs from 40mm to sit higher because of the weight difference?
etc..

Thanks for any advice

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! a supercharged 1.6! Any reason? Not like 2ltrs?

Clio 2.0 172
I dont have any pictures of it :/ not very good with the old camera ha!
Its running around 203bhp i think, atleast thats what my dad said, him and his mate fitted everything so ill ask him all what gear is involved lol.
And yea i like the Sports but that would mean a downgrade in speed and im looking to up my performance by a bit.

Black 197
Its running around 203bhp i think, atleast thats what my dad said, him and his mate fitted everything so ill ask him all what gear is involved lol.
And yea i like the Sports but that would mean a downgrade in speed and im looking to up my performance by a bit.

Hmmm......

Clio 2.0 172
Hope you dont mind me asking, but who carried out the work?

Had the charger fitted by SR which is a garage near where i live, they had my car a little over a week.. not sure how much of that time they worked on it but its where my dad works.
And then my dad took it over to another garage in leicester for the remap, ill find out who off.. remap cost i think £270

Does anyone know what engines fit into this bay though?

Titanium 182
Is it on std 1.6 running gear ?

Edit - Just read R32 brakes.
Do they even fit under std wheels o_O

Custard test please.

Maybe J.a.m.e.s. was right. A 1.6 will flame a RS.

Clio 2.0 172
Its not on standard wheels lol like i said no major mods..
And has anyone got any useful info about what engines fit in here other than the A3 s3 TT thing?

And no this isnt anyones second account lol.. had this account a while.. just do alot more browsing than posting since i dont really know an aweful amount about half of the things that are discussed.

Im asking about what engines fit into this not for a heated discussion about my supercharger or spec.. to be honest i just drive it and keep it clean anything engine related etc my dad sorts it or its done at the garage where he works.

Can people start being a bit more useful now please?

Last edited:
Plenty of different options none will be more powerfull/tuneable than the 1.8 20vT engine though.

People are genuinely interested in the Supercharged 1.6 engine, but as so few of these conversions have been done, infact none that I know of in the UK, people are obviously dubious.

Clio 2.0 172
Oh right :s i wondered why everyone was really interested lol..
Who is Lusty? :/
And is there a gearbox that works with the Meganes that can be used? Or do you have to use the specific gearbox it comes with?
Thanks Beef

There isnt a box that will mate to the meggy engine and fit. Fred on here tried and failed iirc.

Lusty is an infamous character who has less than zero respect from other members on here. he also talks about his 'friends' who are actually members on other forums who probably have just as little respect for him as we do.

Anyway, pics of charged K4M please :D

Black 197
For the record I wasn't stating "hmmm" to Cause a row but as many members will prob clarify there are quite a few bogus claims about on what people have done to there cars so we kinda don't believe till we see, get a Snap shot of that engine and I'm sure if what your stating is true then you'll have help coming out your ears...

182 Trophy
lol, to be honest, your fooling no one mate, you dont have a supercharged 1.6 atall, stop trying to act like the big guy with the powerfull clio ;)

if i had a car like that id probabuly take a few pictures, and 230 quid for a map, lmfao, so your running standard managment then are you???

unbelieviable, literaly

Swift Sport
Go get your phone and take a couple of pics of the engine, prove people wrong. Otherwise, expect people to doubt you! ;)

Tangoed Works
hmmm, a remap for the standard ecu having to work with forced induction? Dont you need after market management.

you can get more power mate if this is real... just get a smaller pulley. Wat kind of reduction are you running at present?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you want a much quicker car why not get something else and modify that? Engine swapping sounds alot of hassle.

Was a 197
Hmmmm............ i smell something..............

Buls**t, who supercharges an n/a 1.6 engine (apart from BMW with the mini, aftermarket). probably just an induction kit really!!!

182 Trophy
Hmmmm............ i smell something..............

Buls**t, who supercharges an n/a 1.6 engine (apart from BMW with the mini, aftermarket). probably just an induction kit really!!!

there are 3 on 106owners, all running 250 =bhp iirc

and about 20 turbo'd ones, the most powerfull being 476bhp, not bad for a 1.6 ;)

why someone would do it to a clio when theres a 2.0 lump avaliable i dont know

the guys clearly a bulls**tter which is why he has no pictures or replies

just obviously wanted to play big man on the forum for a while ;)