ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please

Monaco - 172
Hi All,

New to this forum so would like to say hello. Hopefully some off you guys can help me, currently got the clio 1.2 new model. The sound system in this isn't great, so am looking to upgrade it, firstly there isn't any speakers in the back seat grills, does anyone know what size I can put in there?

Got a new headunit to install, however looking to upgrading the speakers in front door panels, and the back seat panels (3 door car, hope this makes sense) Also looking to get a sub and amp fitted, however I don't really know what Amp to get? They seem to vary on price, can anyone recommend a cheapish but good Amp?

Any recommendations on speakers and amps, would be appreciated. Or any help in general really.

Sorry my knowledge of cars at the moment is useless, but looking to learn about them.

Thanks in advance for help

:)

I have a Vibe CBR12 Evo Active

It's a sub with a built in amp for about 200 quid, amazingly bassy and loud for that price :)

The door would probably best with 6.5" components, I'm looking to buy some myself so I'm not sure which to get just yet.

Oh, welcome to the forum. :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
front speakers are 13cm components
ive got alpine type e's which i think are oright for the money but i havent amped them yet.

rear speakers are 13cm coaxials £40 for an oright set

as for the sub and the amp if you dont really know much i would get an active subwoofer because the amp and sub are in one box which will make it easier for you to wire up if you are doing it yourself.

if you feel more confident get separate amp and sub do all the wiring your self and amp your front speakers too!

vaux cavalier
Have you heard any aftermarket installs in a Clio??

You should get out and try to hook up with some like minded souls and try to listen to a few different setups....this will help you decide which type you prefer....

A basic setup would be;

upgraded front components
single sub in a pre-fab enclosure

all driven from a suitable 4 channel amp

The above setup would stand you at around £250.....

You could vastly improve the results from the above setup by simply deadening the doors & boot, but in all honesty there is little point in making detailed recommendations until you've actually had some experience listening to car audio......

Are you local to Derby??

If it's car audio you want, there is an even bigger knowledge base on the TalkAudio forum. Have a read there and see what you can pick up! :)

Monaco - 172
Have you heard any aftermarket installs in a Clio??

You should get out and try to hook up with some like minded souls and try to listen to a few different setups....this will help you decide which type you prefer....

A basic setup would be;

upgraded front components
single sub in a pre-fab enclosure

all driven from a suitable 4 channel amp

The above setup would stand you at around £250.....

You could vastly improve the results from the above setup by simply deadening the doors & boot, but in all honesty there is little point in making detailed recommendations until you've actually had some experience listening to car audio......

Are you local to Derby??

Afraid I'm another Herts boy mate lol. Haven't heard anyones sound system in a Clio yet , which probably would be a good idea first. Thanks for the advice though mate, gives me something to think about along with the other help on here.

If it's car audio you want, there is an even bigger knowledge base on the TalkAudio forum. Have a read there and see what you can pick up! :)

Nice one mate will have a read at it.

Monaco - 172
I have a Vibe CBR12 Evo Active

It's a sub with a built in amp for about 200 quid, amazingly bassy and loud for that price :)

The door would probably best with 6.5" components, I'm looking to buy some myself so I'm not sure which to get just yet.

Oh, welcome to the forum. :)

Cheers mate. :)

front speakers are 13cm components
ive got alpine type e's which i think are oright for the money but i havent amped them yet.

rear speakers are 13cm coaxials £40 for an oright set

as for the sub and the amp if you dont really know much i would get an active subwoofer because the amp and sub are in one box which will make it easier for you to wire up if you are doing it yourself.

if you feel more confident get separate amp and sub do all the wiring your self and amp your front speakers too!

Cheers mate, was unsure about the differences in Coxials and Components.
I will probably get someone to do the wiring, as I haven't the foggiest how to do it.