ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP PLEASE: 'wooorring' noise coing from wheels 172?

strange 'woooring' sound coming from wheels, definitely not coming from the engine because still happens when in neutral, faster i go the louder it gets, sounds like the kinda noise you'd expect from an electric car lol, just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be or has come across something similar, sounds like its coming from rear wheels more, i know i need new rear discs/pads, could this be anything to do with it? would really appreciate any ideas/suggestions? thanks

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Rear wheel bearings

They are part of the discs on the rear of your car. So if you're getting new discs and pads this should cure it.

Clio 182 FF
You need new rear discs/bearings and pads. The man above will be able sort you out a good deal!

thanks guys suspected it may be that, what sort of price am i looking at for the replacement parts i need then do u think? discs pads n bearings?

172cup
G172 can order every thing you need and send out superfast I only did mine last week wasn't to bad I took longer as I had repaint my calipers yellow but was all done in a few hours that's was time to clean the calipers up its a lot cheaper then you think it will be G172 it cheaper then eBay

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You should be looking to pay no more than £110 all in. That's discs, pads, the lot.

Discs should include bearing already pressed in and abs ring

Clio 182
How much just for 2 rear bearings G? I remember having to reuse mine when i swapped out the discs last time; Now they are making a din!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have you got the tools at home to change them yourself? Presses etc?

If not, it's a false economy.

Let's say £20 a bearing as a ball park.

20x2 = £40
Fitting of the above, 1.5/2 hours labour probably. Minimum £60/80

New discs AND pads, £110.

Fit them yourself with basic tools.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I dont supply the bearings seprate mate. As above its false economy to try and change the bearings (using good quality bearings like what come in the Renault and Brembo discs)

May aswel change the discs and pads and you know they're good for some time to come.

Also make sure the little spacer/washer is present behind the disc and to retorque the hub nut to 175nm as both these things are vital to the life of the bearings

Clio 182
Cheers mate; that's odd in that case as the bearings would be less than a year old on the back! Do you think they were overtightened?

just waiting for payday to come around so i can get it sorted, is it gonna cause any longer term problems if i leave it for a couple of weeks?

Alien Green 200
Cheers mate; that's odd in that case as the bearings would be less than a year old on the back! Do you think they were overtightened?

Possibly be missing the spacer behind the disc, did discs and pads on mine last year and rear bearing has gone, not sure if there was a spacer on the side its gone on so ive got new discs, pads and spacers off G 172 coming tomorrow for the healthy sum of £117.