ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please spark plugs

renault clio rs 172
Hi dear friend's I have a question with my 172 clio's and I will glad to help from you.
Last time when I replaced my spark plugs they was full with oil.
Now I understand that no valve cover in the clio
OR rocker cover gasket how you called it.
What could be the problem and how to fix that?
thank you
another question about the timing belt what else I need to change also?

172 Clio
Mine needs doing too as leaking oil out of some of the bolts and a little along the joint.

Instant gasket will be used on mine. Can get it from halfords in a tube.

Clio 172 Cup
The labyrinth gasket leaked on mine causing the spark plug tubes to fill with oil. This destroyed the HT leads casing a horrible misfire. CHeck that there isnt any oil seeping through the labyrinth box under the intake plenum.

The labyrinth gasket leaked on mine causing the spark plug tubes to fill with oil. This destroyed the HT leads casing a horrible misfire. CHeck that there isnt any oil seeping through the labyrinth box under the intake plenum.
What's a labyrinth box?

Clio 172 Cup
What's a labyrinth box?

It's the box above the right two spark plug tubes. See the below picture of mine after I'd cleaned the oil away.
5xGBdn5.jpg

This is what the labyrinth looks like with the cover off.
WeeqsBe.jpg