ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please, car wont start : /

work for BMW
could do with some help,

i have a peugeot 106, it started fine yesterday, how ever i just got into it and tried to start it and it just stopped half way through. Now when i try starting it i can hear it trying to turn over every 3 or so seconds but it wont fire into life.
It could be that i was trying to lower both electric windows down at the same time of turning the ignition, which could have caused something to blow?
i say this because normally if i'm driving and i lower both windows to their lowest point the car looses power if i hold the buttons down.

my breakdown won't come because apparently i just have basic break down with no home cover :(

so any solutions ? could it be a fuse or ?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
The it's nothing to do with the window or fuses gone, may have just drained too much out of the battery at the time, give it a charge or put in jump leads and see if it starts. sounds the most logical to me.

work for BMW
I had a look at the main ignition fuses to see whats going on but can't really tell anything , my car is down a narrow drive bonnet facing away so no chance of jump leads, might have to buy a power pack

IMG_20130711_163002.jpg

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It's not the fuses probably just drained the battery, just try and give it a jump it's free, might as well before you spending cash on it.

work for BMW
yea i can't jump it due to the position of the car, will need to buy one of those jump power pack things

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Push it into the road or something, I'm sure no one will car and you must know someone with leads to come to your aids.

work for BMW
only other vehicle i have access to is my mums new golf and im pretty sure she wont let me do anything to it haha :)

my mate is coming over tomorrow to push it up the drive on to the road and see what happens from there, lets hope 2 strapping young men can push a 106 backwards up a small slope!

work for BMW
haha cheers for the advice ;) ill just keep calling friends until we manage to push it!

bast**ds green flag won't come because its in my driveway and apparently i didn't op for home car in my policy

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
haha cheers for the advice ;) ill just keep calling friends until we manage to push it!

bast**ds green flag won't come because its in my driveway and apparently i didn't op for home car in my policy

Have you got cover from your bank? Youd be surprised how many people don't realise theyre covered..

work for BMW
no, only phone insurance with the bank, declined breakdown cover as i have greenflag.. might have to swap them after this

work for BMW
got some mates to push it onto the street and jumped it off my mums car, worked a treat many thanks harbringer