ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help on lowering 1.2 pleasee

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Hey everyone,

Finally got the funds together to lower my 1.2.

I just wondered which springs would be best for a budget of around £2000.

From what ive seen so far, coil overs look like best bet so far just wonderd what everyone else thinks?

cheers for any suggestions

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
with that kinda budget coilovers will be easy, springs are only £80ish i think!

Megane R26 F1 #1931
yeah i wasn't sure. I just wanna lower it around 40mm because it understeers like a **** in the bends.

I just wanna know like the best springs for the best price if you know what i mean?

if you got that much id go coilovers and replace the hubs, wishbones and driveshafts to 172 running gear :p less of a need for spacers and the upgrade to sport brakes

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Yeah my mates a mechanic and he's said that to me before.

I'm kinda saving up for a 182 its just i cant get the insurance below £2k at 18yrs old so i wanna do as much as i can with my 1.2 but not blow it all so i can't afford a 182.

Catch 22 really

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Save the money for the 182 & just get some sportlines. Fitted mine to the 172 this weekend and the ride feels pretty good.

320d
Get some Vmax coilies. They're all the rage on here at the minute, dirt cheap and a good reputation.

This time last year nobody on this site would touch anything other than the big names now half the site is on Vmax and KTR coils, and they're happy with them.