ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! No clutch after driveshaft change and gearbox oil

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Just changed the driveshaft today, and topped up with new oil.

I bought 3x 1litre 75w80 gear oil from halfords. - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_214019_categoryId_255220_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_List_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PLPz1}

I filled it with all three bottles, and a little from the old oil because it was fairly new still until it was seeping out the wing nut hole. I get back in the car and the clutch goes straight to the floor. Have I done something wrong?

Please help :(

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
If the clutch has gone to the floor you have done something with the slave cylinder, either damaged it or just your luck it failed while you have done some work on your car or if it's cable it has come off or snapped

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Where would I be able to find the cable if it's come off? The pedal does come back up somewhat, but pushing it down feels like theres nothing there, and I cant select any gears.

172/1.2/E30
MK2 clios don't have a slave cylinder. Did you diconnect the clutch cable from the fork on the gearbox (by accident)?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
It does sound like its quite likely to be the cable, the cable is on the front of the gearbox, you can't fail to miss it. You'll have to have the air box off ideally.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
cable will have popped off the release arm, I've done the exact same thing without noticing before, easily done