ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP NEEDED

clio 172 megane 265
Hi members
i changed the back brake pads on my ph 1 172 we wound back the pistons and now the
hand brake wont work ?? we took off the wheels and checked was the hand brake mechanism working the cables are
pulling the mechanism but the piston is not coming out but it does if you press the brake pedal
sorry for the essay but i have the nct (mot) during the week

1.2 clio
Is the hand brake cable connected properly? If the handbrake when pulled goes really high then it's not connected somewhere. If its connected to the mechanism then its not connected the other end under the car.

Astra (H) VXR
I had this on mine, but I just opened the brake fluid cap, pumped the brakes and the handbrake and it came back to normal..

Clio 172
When you wind the piston in and put the callipers back
On you need to pump foot pedal till stiff before you pull handbrake
so that it is ajusted right also if you slacken handbrake cable off
before you pump pedal and tighten after if needed..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
When you wind the piston in and put the callipers back
On you need to pump foot pedal till stiff before you pull handbrake
so that it is ajusted right also if you slacken handbrake cable off
before you pump pedal and tighten after if needed..

^^^ This ^^^

If that still doesn't work you will need to remove the dust caps from the rear of the callipers and make sure the mech hasn't seized up as its common on the older style rear units.

Mick