ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed with cambelt / aux belt history

Cliosport 182 FF
Morning everyone, I've been looking through the service history of my 182 to see if the cambelt has ever been replaced (and if it hasn't, it will be!). I took the car off of a family member as a swap so wasn't too bothered at the time about its history etc but want to make sure I maintain it correctly.

There’s no stamp in the timing belt section of the service book to indicate that it’s been done, but in amongst the receipts there’s the following invoice from 2009, it looks too cheap to be a proper cambelt change and is probably for the aux belt only (there is a stamp in the aux belt bit of the service book) , but considering it mentions ‘timing kit’ I thought it’d be worth checking…..

Invoice from 2009, 29k miles (car’s now on 46k):

Replace water pump and rebuild with new timing belt kit – 5.5 hours

Parts:

FWP1409 x 1 water pump £35.94

GAIR035507x5 x 1 timing kit £142.10

Labour - £176

Parts - £169.30

Total - £345.30

What do you guys think? I know I’m clutching at straws that A: the mechanic may have performed a very cheap cambelt replacement and B: accidentally stamped the wrong part of the log book, but before I commit mega £££ to getting it done it’s worth checking!

Cliosport 182 FF
I've booked this in for a change of both belts today after a change of heart, not worth taking the risk imo. Still playing on my mind though, if I could find out what that part number for the 'timing kit' referred to all could be revealed...