ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed timing up my rebuilt engine locking the cams

clio 172
i need help with locking the cams off not sure witch way to lock them as they can go two ways and its not set because it was stripped and rebuilt dont want to lock the cams the wrong way thanks phil

need to know asap pls

172/1.2/E30
Lugs in the cams on the gearbox end are offset. Offset needs to be below the middle axis. Do you have all the three cambelt tools? If not, your timin will be out by miles.

clio 172
and just to let rampetebbhcvuhg whatever know im not a complete novice and was goin to borrow all the locking tools but ive been let down ahahha i managed to rebuild the engine to this point and have done a fair few engines of my own and this cars all new to me so learning give me a chance so there ahahhahah

clio 172
cheers for the offer mate good price its just the distance i would have to travel its 80 miles aaahahaha bit of a mission realy

Get in touch with Danny on here mate, think his board name is DannyR He's in Bury, and I think he has a set of locking tools :)

182cup & 172 racecar
To be honest,it would be worth the 160m round trip to get Danny at 519 to do it.It's not that far is it.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh, £45 for the engine to be timed up perfectly is a bargain!! even if you add £30 petrol ontop of that!!

i may take you up on that offer sometime next year when i take my engine out danny!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'd always prefer to supply and fit a belt kit at the same time tbh, so talk to me before buying anything :)

clio 172
ahahahah prob fked up with address lol just slapped it in ebay prob will come see ya but to be fair im gonna leave it till next year now timing is a b**ch with this car ahahha cheers anyway