ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed: Steering

When I first start the car from cold and turn the wheels it makes a loud clicking sound, it does it when still but then also when i start driving it makes it when the wheels r turned. Wouldnt think this could be cv joint as it does it when not moving aswell. after this initial turning from cold the noise goes until next time its cold. Also sometimes when cold the power steering pump makes a loud noise when the wheels are turned and i rev the engine to set off.

Any help appreciated, its kinda pis*in me off cos i dont know what to change.

Thanks John

Clio 1.6 16V

Im no expert on 16Vs. However, If it does it without moving then it certainly cant be your CV joints. The noise must be something to do with the power steering pump/drive belt/pulleys or steering rack!?

Common valver problem, usually the pump, mine does it also. Changing this gets rid of it, but there was a post not that long ago, in which people had changed thier pumps and the noisy steering was back sooner rather than later, reckon a good few valver owners are just putting up with it, as it doesnt seem to get any worse, and is hard to get rid of it.

Alex M

i have this problem, if you do a search under my name you should see the post Alex M is talking about, it went into a lot of detail, most people are living with it, i know i am

cheers

Got a price for a pump £190 from reno or £90 to have it reconditioned at a power steering shop.

Everyone elses just semms to groan but mine is clicking loud. Think i might just leave it, i was just worried it would pack up soon and leave me with no pas.