ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed Please

What size tyre profile would be best on my 15'' 2118s for the 182 had them on the 1.2 but have been told the tyres arent suitable.

Any help would be great :)

Glanza V
am not sure that those profile would be ok on a 2.0ltr sure it has to be 205/50 not 205/45 :S could be wrong

CLIO Iceberg 172
its prob more down to the speed rating than anything, most 1.2 cars have a H rated tyres but the 1*2's need a v or W rating due to the higher speed and performace of the car, thats more of why they told you they arnt sutible not the size of the tyre

RSC 182 Cup
What size tyre profile would be best on my 15'' 2118s for the 182 had them on the 1.2 but have been told the tyres arent suitable.

Any help would be great :)

If you want to keep your speedo accurate then you'll need 205/50R15 tyres, these are the best option to keep the overall diameter close to the stock 205/45R16.

Plug some figures into this website and you'll get actual measurements and speedo errors ;) :
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit&reset=yes

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
If you have 195/45/15's on, then they will look tiny and you will have reduced the overall radious of the wheel. This could mean your speedo reads higher (due to the car having to travel a shorter distance for one full rotation of the wheel), well, at least I think it will show you going faster than you are.

Any difference will be small though.

*Edit, just read the post from 'murcod'. Looks like 195/50/15 is closest to the 195/45/16's (unless I have read it wrong).

Last edited:
If you have 195/45/15's on, then they will look tiny and you will have reduced the overall radious of the wheel. This could mean your speedo reads higher (due to the car having to travel a shorter distance for one full rotation of the wheel), well, at least I think it will show you going faster than you are.

Any difference will be small though.

*Edit, just read the post from 'murcod'. Looks like 195/50/15 is closest to the 195/45/16's (unless I have read it wrong).

ok mate cheers its just i have the 195/45/15s on me 2118s and im not aloud to change them yet as the tyre tread is mint on the 195/45/15s

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
ok mate cheers its just i have the 195/45/15s on me 2118s and im not aloud to change them yet as the tyre tread is mint on the 195/45/15s

If the tread is good on the 195/45/15's then can't you just sell the tyres if you'd rather use 195/50/15's?

Depending on what tyre you are looking for, there are some good deals on 195/50/15's (if that is what you want to go for in the end). Someone recently posted a link to Camskill for some cheap Toyo T1R's and I bought some from ebay for my other car (not trying to start a tyre debate).

Where abouts in the north east are you from? I had my Toyo's fitted and my wheels balanced local to me for £5 each and the old tyres were taken off for £2 a tyre. £7 each which I think isn't bad.

Totally up to you though. The 195/45/15's I had taken off the wheels I have weren't good enough and they made the wheels look tiny on the car.

If the tread is good on the 195/45/15's then can't you just sell the tyres if you'd rather use 195/50/15's?

Depending on what tyre you are looking for, there are some good deals on 195/50/15's (if that is what you want to go for in the end). Someone recently posted a link to Camskill for some cheap Toyo T1R's and I bought some from ebay for my other car (not trying to start a tyre debate).

Where abouts in the north east are you from? I had my Toyo's fitted and my wheels balanced local to me for £5 each and the old tyres were taken off for £2 a tyre. £7 each which I think isn't bad.

Totally up to you though. The 195/45/15's I had taken off the wheels I have weren't good enough and they made the wheels look tiny on the car.

well im getting me coilovers done on tuesday so i will see what its like and if i dont like i will probs go for the 195/50/15s

im from co durham mate near ferryhill, spennymoor and thats not bad that like £7 :)

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
well im getting me coilovers done on tuesday so i will see what its like and if i dont like i will probs go for the 195/50/15s

im from co durham mate near ferryhill, spennymoor and thats not bad that like £7 :)

I'm live near Stanley(not the one near Crook)/Consett, so it's probably too far for you to come.