ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed please

RenaultSport clio 182
cleaned my car yesterday and found some scratches over and below the 2.0L 16v piece of trim. Not a clue how they got there, looks like someone has been using a scouring pad on the paint, or maybe there was some grit or something on the sponge i used, not sure. but how do i get them out, ive tried t cutting and claying but its only made them less noticeable, they dont seem to have gone right through the paint just through the clear coat. so i was thinking will it work if i sand out the scratches with wet and dry and then put a coat of clear on. never done this before so advice will be appreciated, thanx guys

106 GTi
I would not wet sand the paint unless your feeling confident.

Claying wont touch swirls and t-cut is not a great product. A machine polish with some decent compounds/polishes is the first step.