ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed,please,weird opening window.

Hello

Not been on the board for a long time,but still have my lovely silver mark 1 172,and it is just awesome.

The reason why im on here is my girlfiend,she has just bought a black Clio 1.2 16v,and shes having a bit of trouble with it.

After a few days of buying it the drivers side window has been doing weird things like coming down for no reason whatsoever,saying that though it only seems to come down when the cd player is on!

She took it to Renault and typically they couldnt find anything wrong,so the dullards have ordered a new switch for the door,which we both think it isnt the cure.

But it does seem funny though that the window only seems to come down when the cd player is on,oh yes and sometimes when the ignition is turned off the window sometimes comes down then,

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on what the problem could be,we are driving 300 miles today to Newquay from Preston in Lancs so i will not be able to get back to anyone for a week or so,but if anyone has any ideas before we take it to Renault again,that would be great.

I think the problem is in the electrics somewhere!

Anyway all the best,hope to hear from anyone.

Cheers

Ian

Renault Laguna Coupe

Poltergeist?

No seriously, Id let them change the switch, then take it back again when that doesnt do any good. Things like this can be murder to track down - really hard to do yourself unless youre a whizz wiuth a multimeter and you have the wiring diagram for the car.

does it do it after it has rained?? sounds like water has got in somewhere and is making a circuit? or a wire is shorting ? maybe try moving the door loop around see if it does it then? just my thoughts..

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

could be the switch cos my passenger window was playin up like buggery, wasnt the passenger switch, but one of the switches on my side. the window would only work properly if both drivers side and passenger side switches were pushed or pulled at same time, something to do with connections!