ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed in northants!

C

caz

need someone to look at my car as it won't start! just needs diagnosing - could be clutch/throttle. any numbers of mobile mechanics or someone with a bit of knowledge would be much appreciated as i can't move the car from my house! i live in rushden

many thanks

C

caz

Before it broke down:
Revving on its own when the engine is started
Electrical fault light appears and the car will cut out when rolling, going slow or at a stop
Petrol gauge is temperamental – if it cuts out the petrol will “disappear”! and reappear a few days later
Got about 200 miles out of a full £50 tank – very expensive!

When I try to start it now it will turn over but cuts out straight away – tried revving it at first possible chance but there’s no revs whatsoever then its gone again

Don’t have a car right now so any help would be appreciated!

Did go to the garage a couple of weeks ago reference the cutting out and I do need a new throttle body, which I was in the process of buying, if this is the cause of the problem then I will buy it ASAP just wondered if it may be something else?

thanks