ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed in Derby (Wheel nut key)

Imperial Blue Clio 16v
Afternoon Chaps..

Just wondered if somebody within the Derby area could help me out, I've somehow managed to loose the locking wheel nut key for my wheels, however I noticed today on a friends salvaged 172 Cup that his locking wheel nuts are exactly the same, however, he doesn't have a key either. So could somebody let me borrow one as I need to swap my gearbox and I really don't fancy welding bits onto the bolts, hence ruining my Turini's..

Sorry about the pic, but the nut looks like this...

IMG00004.jpg

Thanks Very much,

Harry

Imperial Blue Clio 16v
I would say the chances of a match are quite slim.
Where in Derby are you?

Hmm, it's worth a shot, If there's one ive seen out there with the same wheel nuts, there may be another...

I'm living in Derby city centre at the moment.

DMS

A thirsty 172
You're not working. You're on CS ;)
I'm in Ilkeston too if you want to try my keys (I've got 2 for some reason).

Black 182
I have some 2, if the others dont work, dont no why, cuz i havnt got locking nuts on OPS!! suuhhh dont tell all the local chavs :)

Westy. MX5
I had the same problem when I bought my car, no adapter, The only sure way to get them off without damaging the wheels or hubs is call the AA. They have a special impact driver to remove the lockable studs. Strickly speaking they will only remove one stud if you have a puncture at the roadside, but a large drink (cough, cough) and the guy will remove all 4, depends of course on how amiable he is. Taking it to a Renault dealer is another option as they have a master key for genuine Renault locking bolts, but that will cost cost bad.

Last edited:
  Lots of Alfas
Ive got a key just like that, if you look in the first page of the manual there will be a wheel nut key number, give me the number and ill see if they match.