ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed badly

clio172,nimbus 197
i decided to stirp the rear seats out but the torx bolt that hold the bracket down wouldnt move no matter what i did even took it to a garage and they couldnt undo the bolt in the end i hacksawed the head off now any body got an idea how i can get the rest of it out there is a tread showing to grip ive now put wd40 on it and underneath it but any other ideas 4 when i want to put them back in ???????? HELP PLEASE

Depends how badly its stuck, but you could weld something to it, or slightly less extreme superglue some mole grips to it. Depends what you've tried.

172 with k-tec sound
not really other than the garage, most decent garages have such a tool for removing snapped bolts ect , other then that cutting it out completley n welding another in

clio172,nimbus 197
the garage said weld a nut onto it and undo it after that if that doesnt work can u drill them out ???

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
If you cant get it out by welding a nut on, you'll really struggle with easy outs, worth a try though, need to drill down the center of the bolt and wind the easy out in which should let you get it out. I wouldnt try this until you've tried welding the nut on though

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
It'll come out mate, it wont seem so tight if you weld a nut on then get a breaker bar and socket on the nut

Clio 172 MK2
I agree,

1st option : weld nut onto it
2nd : stud extractor
3rd : Drill

Its not a big problem so dont worry about it :)

clio172,nimbus 197
I agree,

1st option : weld nut onto it
2nd : stud extractor
3rd : Drill

Its not a big problem so dont worry about it :)
no its not a big problem just an annoying 1 nothing i try goes to plan lol always get a lil prob its been 3 days now and still cant undo it so i think the options will start but what if its threaded is it gonna be a big problem ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How did you do it mate?

I snapped a Halfords proffesional ratchet doing mine. Was using my feet mind! lol.

clio172,nimbus 197
member cookiejnr the lil legend welded a nut onto it and after second attempt its came out sooo relieved!!