ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed! Any Ideas?

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
Sorry its abit long but i think you'll get the jist!
Car has been parked outside house since Tuesday night, G/F got in to go to work this morning and wouldn't turn over. I tried and starter was just clicking so thought flat battery.(battery had been playing up a bit in cold weather so got new one)
fitted new battery and now all that happens is all the dials flicker and move around a bit like if you press and hold the trip reset, but it wont even attempt to start not even a click. All the electric work c/l, e/w Radio etc.

Any idea of things to check?
p.s i have video on phone but don't know how to embedd it.

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
Forgot to say for some reason as soon as i turn the key the central locking also clunks like its locking the doors.
Just tried again and one of relay under bonnet was clicking away like mad,(didn't notice earlier) part no 7700414484 any idea what part it is?

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
where are they located as my manual doesn't cover the 1.2 16v engines.

been out and had a look around, think reason c/locking is clicking is because the speedo seems to be jumping around between 10-20mph so it thinks car is moving thus locking doors.

Last edited:
  Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
All sorted, checked the earth connection by putting cable on battery neg across to engine mount and all dash came on fine, but couldn't find a main earth only 2 lightweight cables, so made my own from the starter motor bolt to the frame next to battery.
Car started 1st time.
many thanks to Camble for pointing it out, it was just something simple i hadnt thought of.