ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Help needed A.S.A.P.**

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Just swapped over the starter motor on my old 1.4 RT for my mate whos got it now.

Bought the new one from a scrappy for £15.

Took about 2 bloody hours to do due to the bolts being very difficult to get off, and being in a hard to reach place.

Anyhow, the car started fine, but it sorta sounds like its mis-firing. Put everything back the way it was taken off.

When running the engine seems as if its juddering about alot more than it should. Took it for a quick drive & its completely down on power, sounds a hell of a lot louder. The exhaust fumes dont smell like exhaust fumes at all.

I did notice that the motor was slightly less chunky than the knackered one i took off. But apparently it was off the same car.

Please does anyone have any ideas coz i dont wanna see anything go bang here?!???

Thanks,

Al

hmm, strange one, make sure you have not disturbed one of front exhaust joint, i.e most likely manifold to downpipe, would account for some loss of power, noise and smell, also make sure wiring is not to close to exhaust, itll prob be something like that, assuming you are convinced starter is all correct

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

After very close inspection i found that one of the plugs on the dizzy cap had just slightly come undone.

Must have just knocked it. Bit annoying coz i was getting all worried! It looked like it was on, but obviously the end just clipped off!

Doh! Thanks anyway guys!