ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed! 2 lights on dash this morning!

Renault Clio 182
Hi all,

I was on my way to work this morning and 2 lights appeared on the dash one was engine management light and the other was like a heart rate monitor looking one (in the middle below the fuel light) and i had huge loss of speed and only could get up to 60mph at a push and so any ideas what this could be? and what can be done? now i shouldnt be struggling to overtake lorries!:S

Thanks in advance!

Titanium 182
Was you driving in any rain this morning? drove through any puddles? My 1.2 has been doing the exact same thing, getting it diagnosed today to see what the problem is, I can tell you whats wrong later on if that would be any help then?

Renault Clio 182
nope it wasnt raining and i didnt drive through any puddles when this happened and yeah i have booked mine in later on to see what is so i will let you know what they say and thanks for the reply tho.

Titanium 182
No worries pal, mine always comes on in rain so I dont think Im going to be keeping this car long, only had it about a week.

Renault Clio 182
Well turns out it wasn't too bad he just adjusted some valve and he reckoned some bit of rubbish got in there and the light is off and car is performing well so all good for me :)

Clio 172
This also happened to me, put code reader in and deleted the code and was fine for 2 weeks then happened again. Turned out was the TPS (Throttle position sensor) so bought a throttle pedal from renault and hasn't happened since. Also renault had 30 in stock when I asked so I think it's safe to say it's a common problem.

Titanium 182
The problem with mine was that two wires coming from the ECU had torn and kept catching on something so I've had that repaired to see how that works,

Renault Clio 182
Well I thought mine was fixed but it happened again today tho on the way it came on and on way back I could still go fast but just had the engine management light on so to a garage on Monday as I doubt anything will be open tomorrow as mine is still under a warranty so I guess I might need a throttle pedal then it seems.

Renault Clio 182
just an update for people that might get this problem and that is im having a new throttle pedal put in tomorrow as that they think the problem is and it worked for Barton1806 so hopefully that will be the end to it.