ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP NEEDED 182 cruse control issue !!

Clio sport 182 FF
The cruse control/speed limiter has stopped working ! I have replaced the break peddle switch and taken the car to a Renault dealer that charged me an arm and a leg to check the buttons on the steering wheel was ok and they plugged it into CLIP with no results .......

Its now really getting to me, has any one had this issue or know any where in the south that can fix it ..

Thanks in advance

Evo
May be irrelevant but my 225 is having the same problem. Just stopped working for no reason. Does your speed limiter still work? That'd indicate if the steering wheel buttons work.

Clio sport 182 FF
May be irrelevant but my 225 is having the same problem. Just stopped working for no reason. Does your speed limiter still work? That'd indicate if the steering wheel buttons work.

no it don't work , had the buttons tested by Renault thay said it's all good and would have to dig deeper costing stupid money

Clio sport 182 FF
I'll have a play ! It's doing my head in now and as I've just moved to Devon I don't know any one or where any good Renault garages are lol

Could be the Squib ring connection behind the steering wheel if the dash lights up but you can't set it from the wheel.

My old Black 182 had the same issue described.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
can anyone tell me where the clutch pedal switch and the brake pedal switch is for the cc - mines is acting up aswell

Thanks

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
right didnt know that .. al have a look mines is playing up. nightmare

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
If the clutch switch is broken, or out of its place. The speedlimiter should work

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
broken wire between the 12v and the ecu. Do you have power going to the switch? if you do it will be a break in the wire between the switch and the ecu.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
you should only have 12v on on of them with the lights off (I can't recall which one)