ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! My amps have died for no reason

my tunes were working fine this morning, but now my 2 amps are dead, the headunit is fine but im not getting power lights on any of my amps, all fuses on amps and main one in engine bay are fine? whats goin on?

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

if youve got a multi meter the just test to see if theres power at the wiring into the amp if there is your amps might be fooked if not then work your way back towards the battery testing where poss to find out if theres a break in the wiring anywhere

Nissan R35 GT-R

Also check in the fuse box that the head unit fuse hasnt blown.

In my old clio the head unit still worked, but the remote cable did not when this fuse blew!

silver valver/hybrid

check ground cable, sometimes bass shakes em loose, i have to re-tighten mine everyso often.

ive checked the headunit fuse in the fusebox its fine, ill take a look at the earth cable, would that cause them to stop working if they werent grounded?

silver valver/hybrid

yep! i put a small amp in for my mate and it just wouldnt work! after about an hour of trying, i put the earth cable to a different point and it came straight on!!

just went down and checked it the earth cable is solid, its screwed right under the catch for the boot, no way of coming off, i dont know what to do now :confused: anyone know if it could be anything else?

nah no number, and the guy at sg is a nugget, ill need to wait till the weekend to take it to colin, no time through the week

check your remote cable,

if this connection is broken somewhere along the line, then nothing can tell the amps to turn on

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 30 June 2003

check your remote cable,

if this connection is broken somewhere along the line, then nothing can tell the amps to turn on

am i right in saying thats the thin blue one?

Nissan R35 GT-R

Thats the one - it runs from your head unit to both your amps and carries a 12v signal when the key is turned 1 click or more.

Mr2 Roadster

Try bridging the remote and the positive terminal to see if it turns on, if it does then itis deffo your remote cable...

If not try conecting a 12v bulb between positive and negitive to see if it works, if not it is either your power or your ground... and as you say it is grounded, then it could only be your power!

350z & 16v Maxi

Kenwood HUs are very very bad for the remote outputs f()cking up, ive repair so many ive lost count. I can have a quick look tonight if you want, im going to the girls anyway so will almost be driving buy the house.

If you have a small piece of wire put it on the power terminal on the amp and then on the remote terminal, if it turns on there is a problem from the remote. I recon that will be it.

Audi S3 225

That is such an easy fix, all you have to do is move your earths to a different point in your car, trust me, for some reason the earth points get used up and u cannot use that part anymore. happened on my car and my m8s, moved em and the amps worked again.

for the peeps saying it was my remote output, i tried my mates JVC chameleon in my car and the amps are still dead, not getting any power at all, does this mean my 2 month old amps are goosed??