ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help me to decide pleaseeeeeee

RB R26.R
help with deciding, r26 owners, R26.R owners!!!
hi there guys,
last year i owned a r26 but due to financial difficulites and other committments i had to sell it. i have a ep3 type r at the moment and to be honest its ok.
Im a big RS fan, i had a RS clio 182 before my R26 and now im desperate to own one again. In 8weeks time my pay is increasing beyond imagination (for a 22yr old) and i have a few options im currently pulling my hair out about.

1) was to buy a RS 172 cup and strip the car bare and spend 2.5 grand on it to produce a quick track car.
2) buy a r26 again, however i dont know if this will feel special enough as ive been there before. (dont get me wrong it was mint)
3) go hunt a R26.R
i am wanting to do odd track days in the future, the car will be used 1-3 days a week.
im a massive .R fan and have always dreamed of owning one, i know there hard to come by.
my purchase will involve a bank loan to bridge the gap between my honda and the new car if 2 or 3.

what do you guys think i should do??

Pick a car you like and stop buying one every 6 months lol ;)

In all seriousness people can't really make a realistic suggestion unless you give an idea of budget. If you can afford an r26.R then you can also afford a 225 or a 197...why aren't they on the list?

An orange one
Yeah cause a 172 cup that you've stripped etc will still be a "modded" Clio whereas the .R is an official Renault car and has that special factor about it, and is uber rare!

But if your going to do it...

1) racing blue with red wheels and full decals and cage and Ti exhaust
2) lunar grey with black wheels and no decals and cage and Ti exhaust

Yum!

V6 255
R26.r all the way. Gotta have the ti imo, sounds awesome. Tbh I'd get one with all the options, cage and wheels, in RB, Lunar or Nimbus as it'll keep it's value even better if you do want to sell

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
R26.R- if you keep it mint then depreciation will be minimal ( ISH)

extremedave is selling a minter

S

Suzuki Jimny
R26:R everytime.

SDC10206.jpg

An orange one
The Ti exhaust is a must just for the noise!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppp!

Sounds insane!

Clio 1.2 16v
If you can afford a decent R26.R, You should be able to afford the new Meg RS250, or 265 Trophy if you really want to push the boat oot!

Excluding them, I'd get a 172 Cup in Mondial Blue.

RB R26.R
If you can afford a decent R26.R, You should be able to afford the new Meg RS250, or 265 Trophy if you really want to push the boat oot!

Excluding them, I'd get a 172 Cup in Mondial Blue.

i would have a .R over a 250cup or 265 trophy, personal preference.

An orange one
Yeah the .R is a special car with the ultimate previous shape meg,

The 250 is like the original 225 was at the moment, the 265 trophy is a waste of £27k.. Buy a year old 250 for 17k and get a £500 remap and have 300bhp, I don't see the sense in the trophy!

An orange one
I have, only a brief test drive when I was thinking of selling my m3 for one... Loved it! Ended up going for normal r26 + lots of cash my way instead of straight swap for the .R

Would love an .R in 3 or 4 years time as a daily alongside the Vee, but prob end up getting a 200 instead,

RB R26.R
How many of you guy's have actually driven a r26r?

I don't think they are that special.

ive never driven a r26.r but as above use to own a R26 and that was pritty ace, i had a 182 and really enjoyed the r26 alot more. I think its now down to the r26 vs r26.r
buying a clio cup, id spend 3k on mods and then the cost of labour and other parts over a year is 1k so that would be like 6.5k on a clio, which if i went to sell id see none of it.
the r26.r numbers in the UK are depleting, cat d due to part costs, exports to japan or bought by performance schools. I think im going to have the .R the exclusivity and future collector item especially if non modified will mean the value wont depreciate like that of a r26 and that extra special feeling on entrance i think is worth the financial plan.
roll on september! :)