ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ME! Samsung DVD Recorder .avi playback

57 Clio Campus Sport
I have a Samsung DVD Recorder. It does play back .avi's.

When i put a .avi on a usb stick and put the usb stick into the dvd recorder it loads up and you can go through the folders of the USB stick. So you just navigate to the file and press enter and it plays it fine.

Supposedly my dvd recorder should be able to do the same with dvd's so if i put a .avi on a DVD it should come up with the same screen and let me select the file.

I have tried burning the .avi onto a dvd as a data dvd as i thought this would work fine, the PS3 picks it up fine and you can play it off there but when i try it in the dvd recorder it says the dvd cannot be played or recorded.

In the manual it says:

Using MPEG4 Disc:
- Disc: CD-R/-RW, DVD-RAM/-RW/-R
- MPEG4 (DivX) File with the following extensions can be played: .avi, .divx, .AVI, .DIVX

What am i doing wrong? Is there a difference between an MPEG4 disc and a Data Disc? I don't want to have to burn it as a video DVD because that takes ages.

BTW im using Nero 7 Premium

Please help?