ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me ppl!!!

hey everyone! i am in serious need of help. i no ur all probably fed up of pll like me that haven't yet got clio's, but we all have to start somewhere!

i was wondering if somebody could tell me the difference between all the rs clio's, 172's.182's cup's etc?? i have around 5500 to spend. (been working bloody hard & can finally afford insurance being 21!)

any input wud be greatly appricieated.:)

RS Clio 182
Do your homework m8 re specs etc and see which suits your budget. Loads out there. Happy hunting!

BMW M135i
Probably looking at a Ph2 172 for that money, anyway did this for another forum and it covers the basics have stole a few pics from here hope people don't mind :eek::eek:.

Just to clear everything up you've got:

Ph1 172 - The bug eyed shape, all the options avaliable in the Mk2 Ph1 Clio A/C, ABS, Half Leather Etc.

IMG_9825.jpg

Ph2 172 FF - The pointy headlights shape, again all the options avaliable on the Mk2 Ph2 Clio Climate Control, Leather, Xenons. Also on 52 plate onwards models they fitted Bosch ESP as standard too (the ABS is a bosch system too). 53 plate onwards they also fitted cruise control/speed limiter as standard.

Mine :D (when it was standard)
CIMG0237.JPG

Ph2 172 Cup - The stripped out version, weighs 95kg less than the FF with alterations to the suspension too. The spring and damping rates are different also have wider track. No ABS, No AC, No Leather, nothing really.
The "drivers" version, although in practise most are bought by people who wanted but couldn't afford the FF version.
Only avaliable in Mondial Blue with Speedline Turinis and Iceberg Silver later on, when they added Iceberg as an optional colour they also added the option of climate control as well for some strange reason considering this was a lot of the weight they shaved off the FF.

DSC03537.jpg

182 - 172FF with ten more hp gained from a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and a different engine map, also has some slight revisements to the gearbox to make it stronger. No spare wheel due to the twin exit exhausts. All the toys from the late Ph2 172FF were fitted ABS/ESP, Cruise, CC, Leather everything.

Now to confuse matters these were avaliable with the two cup packs as optional extras, theres:
  • Cup Spoiler Pack - A Cup rear spoiler from the 172 Cup and a cup from lower splitter from the 172 Cup
  • Cup Suspension Pack - Wider track and every so slightly lower suspension, again spring and damping rates are different from the non cup setup. Also had the anthracite wheels.
3.JPG

6.JPG

Note both cup packs on this car.

182 Cup - Not really a "real" cup. Just take a 182FF and delete the xenons, leather and climate control and you've got the 182 cup. Still had everything else fitted, no real mega weight saving just cheaper. Only avaliable in Racing Blue and Inferno Orange. Cup suspension and spoiler packs are standard.

07112007821.gif

182 Trophy - Considered by a few magazines and publications (Evo especially) to be the pinnacle driving RS of the Mk2 Clio range and one of the best hot hatches ever. Based on a 182 cup but fitted with Sachs remote reservior dampers, Recaro trendline bucket seats, Anthracite speedline turinis and a V6 rear spoiler. Only avaliable on Capiscum Red and only 500 made for the RHD UK market, another 50 LHD models were made and went to switzerland mostly, although there probably spread all over europe by now.

Wales_08.jpg

And, breath. Think that about covers the basics so people can understand what they're talking about.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
5.5k should get you a minter, paid just a few dollar over that for mine a month ago.
IMGP1510.jpg