ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help... locking wheel nuts with no key

Help guys,

Just taken the accord to a local garage to get some new front tyres and the key for the wheel nuts that I was given is the wrong one.

Is there a way of removing the locking nuts without the key? Is it possible to get a replacement from honda?

I asked the guy if they would do anything and he said they can try and remove the nuts but it might damage the wheel.

Titanium 182
Hammer a slightly too big socket over the nut that usually works, then replace with boggo standard nuts until you get a chance to buy some more locking nuts.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
garage will have a tool to break them! May hammer you with 30£ a wheel to do it tho! That said they may do it for nowt!

Old socket + lump hammer = Solution.

Then just replace them with standard wheel nuts as any wheel thief can get past lockers in a matter of seconds - hence all locking nuts serve to do is piss off owners and garages ;-)

Cheers
M

Bumder With A Buffer
Old socket + lump hammer = Solution.

Then just replace them with standard wheel nuts as any wheel thief can get past lockers in a matter of seconds - hence all locking nuts serve to do is piss off owners and garages ;-)

Cheers
M

f**king right! I came do take mine off last night and could only get one on the f**kers off. So would of been left with one Team Dynamics on and 3 standard Phase 2 alloys. Thing is if I pull what I am going to call "the ring" foff from around the nut the key goes on fine. b*****d things!

Am going to get rid of the f**king things they are doing my nut in.

(you might be able to tell I dont like them!)

cheers guys,

The garage got them off today for me. They wouldnt tell me how they did it though. Sounded like they were hammering and drilling.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
oo nice to hear you got it sorted.

Question though.

what if you have the log nuts with the spinning washer on the outside, which would then stop you from hammering a slightly to big socket over the top of the locking nut as it would just spin surly?

Thanks, Sam!