ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help!!! k tec lower engine mount

clio 200

has anyone got or have fitted the new k tec lower engine mount for the clio 172/182/ cup. since a garage have fitted the mount i get a terrible knocking noise when accelerating in 2nd gear at high revs, it did not have this noise before it was fitted and no one seems to be able to find the source of the knocking noise

please HELP

Audi S3 225

I get that noise but my engine mount is knackered. It is the cat or decat, hitting knocking on the underneath of your car. it does it when pulling off and when at high revs as that’s when there’s most pressure on the engine and mount.

I was gonna buy the one from Ktec, but in the end got a new one from Reno for 30 quid. Gonna fit it myself 2moro as i have day off.

Has to be something the garage have done, or maybe they have fitted the wrong mount for your car, I think the mk1 172s mount is different to the mk2. Think the mk2 has a twist like the Ktec, but mine is just straight.

I’d take it back and demand an explanation.

Good luck

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

yip, its either the mount youve just bought, or that one being so stiff has caused the others to wear rapidly.

Sounds like the one youve just bought though imo.

Jonesy, fill the gaps on yours with a sealant if youre looking to stiffen it up, or take the rubber out, and rotate 90 degrees to cut down the movement in it.

clio 200

the mount is the correct one for my car as spoken to k tec who have onlt had good things said about this particular mount, so back to the garage today to try and source the problem