ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Janspeed sport exhaust making a rattle on acceleration after adding de-cat :(

Clio 182
Fitted my decat pipe on my Janspeed cat-back exhaust and now under acceleration i get a vibrating metal noise. Took it to a garage and they cant see anything wrong.

I then put the Cat back on and its still happening.

I think its maybe the mid-pipe connection to the cat/de-cat pipe where its coming from. The mid-pipe it self has a special seperate attachment to allow connection cat/de-cat pipe. Could it be this thats loose and vibrating (It does have a clip on it.

So im thinking maybe a leak? Is it worth buying some Holts Fire Gum and putting it on the join between the midpipe and Cat/de-cat pipe?

Anyone else expereinced this problem? Any advice?

Cheers

Titanium 182
Re: HELP! Janspeed sport exhaust making a rattle on acceleration after adding de-cat

its not hitting the rear beam is it?

Clio 182
Re: HELP! Janspeed sport exhaust making a rattle on acceleration after adding de-cat

When i looked the back box and mid pipe had plenty of clearance.
~

Heatshield hasn't moved?

Any bolts been left loose?

Rear mounts tight?

Spring bolts on the manifold/cat join tight?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

I had a problem with my old janspeed exhaust.. The centre box was rattling..

Clio 182

Eddie: Just had it checked over by quickfit who says they can see any leaks or problems and couldnt tell me where the noise came from

Tunst: I think it might be the center section. What did you do to resolve it?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Took it out.. The company tht i got it done by refused to replace it..