ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help I've broken my car :(

RenaultSport 172
I've just finished relocating the battery to behind the passenger seat. All connected up and I've got power, but turning the ignition on and the fuel pump doesn't prime and obviously the car turns over but will not start. What have a done wrong? What could have broken? Is the car immobilised or something?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is there a solid red immobilier light?

This earth still on?

9285B257-2D8A-4FE7-9BB0-5D5EC1663724_zpswbi5awig.jpg

RenaultSport 172
There is some fuel cut switch thing I had flapping about the place. I've put it back where it was, is there a way of resetting it or something?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T PUSH THE BUTTON!!!

keep-calm-and-whatever-you-do-don-t-push-the-button.png

No serious, just push the button and it should be okay if you immob is off. Should hear a little click when you do.

RenaultSport 172
Grazo that earth doesn't appear to exist on my car. And I certainly didn't take it off. I removed the original battery earth but left it connected to the chassis. Just checked the impact switch thingy and it looks untouched. So annoying but it must be something. I can't have damaged he ecu can I? All I did was lay it on its side

RenaultSport 172
Ah you guys are the best. Pushed the switch and it fired up beautifully. Just need to tidy up a few things now. Anyone know how to get the ecu out of its stupid cage thing? I can't quite see how it comes out of there.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
May be ph2 cars which have the earth then :)

The ecu cover pulls off upwards. It's either really easy or a complete a hole. If it doesn't come off easily just cut it off carefully.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah cut it off if you can't get it off by pulling, DONT try using a pri-bar inbettween the cover and that or it will break the ecu plugs