ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, im cold - removing exhaust

Arctic 182
Hi guys,

Been trying to remove sleeve for last 20 minutes but wont budge. Anyone got any bright ideas?
Been using a heat gun to warm up joint but it wont budge!

20151128_121307_zpsnfhdxrol.jpg

Clio 197
Is there anyway you could get your feet involved to push one side away whilst pulling the other (in opposite directions). Also worth a mixture of rotating the exhaust pipe rather than pure pulling, maybe twist the backbox to help.

172 Cup
Make sure their isnt a blob of weld anywhere on the joint. Might be easier to remove both sections and get them in a vice?

Arctic 182
Game over. Think i will bite the bullet and take it to the pros.
Waste of a day![emoji30]
Thanks for your help anyway

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Normally the clamp crushes the exhaust meaning you're trying to pull the pipe over a rib..

Needs full swinging/yanking/tugging on or maybe some heat.. You're most likely to be pi55ing in the wind..

Arctic 182
Normally the clamp crushes the exhaust meaning you're trying to pull the pipe over a rib..

Needs full swinging/yanking/tugging on or maybe some heat.. You're most likely to be pi55ing in the wind..

Makes sense, it werent coming off with a tug, was squatting the thing with my thunder thighs!

Arctic 182
Is there anyway you could get your feet involved to push one side away whilst pulling the other (in opposite directions). Also worth a mixture of rotating the exhaust pipe rather than pure pulling, maybe twist the backbox to help.
Couldnt get a good twist as the down pipe was twisting with it. Just hard to get any real force with the limited space i have....

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Are you refitting it after? If not just get a chisel and hammer and spread the flange where its slit

182 Trophy
Undo the 2 front cat bolts (the ones with the springs) and this will release the cat. You will be able to pull the cat down and twist it - giving you more leverage to free that joint at the back. The o2 sensor is plugged into the cat but it simply unplugs from its electrical connector. I used this method last week to remove my exhaust mid-pipe.

Arctic 182
Undo the 2 front cat bolts (the ones with the springs) and this will release the cat. You will be able to pull the cat down and twist it - giving you more leverage to free that joint at the back. The o2 sensor is plugged into the cat but it simply unplugs from its electrical connector. I used this method last week to remove my exhaust mid-pipe.
Thanka for the advice but i aint getting the car up on the stands again lol. I just cant bear to see the pain in my girlfriends eyes when she sees me under the car all day and then failing at life.
Rather just pay the 50 quid and free up some time for some Fifa!