ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! High idle

Hi all.
Taken off my throttle body and inlet manifold because I seem to have a high idle issue.
Turn the car on and it's idling at 2k and doesn't drop.
I've tried taking the battery off and then leaving ignition on for 30 seconds or so and still high idles.
There's also a electronic noise coming from the throttle body is this normal or a sign of saying the throttle body has had it?
I managed to the revs down to 1000 yesterday took it for a drive and then the engine management light came on and sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders. ( no power struggling to drive )
Took off inlet manifold to check to see wether everything was okay and throttle body and its idling at 2k again

Also tried plugging in a obd2 reader and it wouldn't load up.
Anybody have any suggestions located Trowbridge Wiltshire

would a non working injector have something to do with this?
now running on 3 cylinders. i have taken the plug from injector on cylinder 4 and it did nothing
i guess the injector has had it but would this effect the 2k idle or does it just need re setting when i replace with a new injector.
thanks

Renault Clio 182
Check around the back of the inlet and throttle body make sure the pipe is clipped back in, sucking in air more than likely.

Renault Clio 182
Could be the injector also ecu trying to compensate if it's missing and unplugging the plug off the injector had no effect then that also could be the problem.