ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help help help! need advise about a 172....

Italian 3.2 V6
hey,

Having some good interest in buying a gr8 example 172

It's only done 20,000 miles and is a year 2002. 1st owner was a 45year old women, who only used it back and fourth shopping and 2nd owner has only done 2,000 miles in the past 8month (of that 20k), so basicly cars in MINT condition but just hasn't been raged whatso EVA, which is good but I have been advised to get is serviced and replace the cambelt etc etc still... Is this the right thing to do? Just want to double check with u guys who know what your talking about also If I do it will effect the price i pay for the car.

Also he is askisng £4100 for the car, no tax but has all docs for services etc etc car is mint all round, tyres, paint work, interior etc etc is this the right asking price?

Thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Will defo need a cambelt and aux belt if it's not been done.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Was it a import. its stuff like that, were the engine is always tight and may not get a good power out of it. but i would say if the cambelt been done jump on it. if it hasnt remember that when haggling

Italian 3.2 V6
so is this just due to it not being used as much as it should for it's age, or does the cam and aux need doing every 20,000miles ? If I get all this done it should be running sweet shouldn't it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
5 yr 72k cam belt
5 yr 36k aux belt (whichever is sooner)

Both need doing if they haven't been done.

And at £4100 its too dear (unless the belts have been done)

BMW E46 330i Touring
It'd be a good one to get but, as said, is a bit expensive considering the expense you'd have to shell out straight away.

Offer him £3500 with the cambelt change (overdue) and tax in mind, or say you'll give him £4k if he gets both sorted first :)