ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help. Gloss paint on car

Clio 182 & C5 VTX+
Must have driven through paint spill on the road some time back in my company car. White paint splattered all over inside of wheel arch and onto front wing and side of the car. Does anyone know of an easy way of removing the paint without damaging the car paintwork?

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
polish? t-cut? got paint and tar on my car once and polish got it of.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
LOTS of white spirit on soft cloths will remove gloss paint and tar without damaging your car.

Would not use T CUT too harsh.

yeah thinners or white spirit but be carfull not to soak it too much. or tar and glue remover? afetr its off you'll have to give it a light t-cut and a good wax

This happened to my mates car the other day, as g40steve and johnnym said... we carefully used white spirit and then washed/polished the whole car.

What colour is the car?

106 GTi
See if white spirit or Autogylm Tar Remover work first. Meguiars Quik Clay should also work to.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Exact same happened to mine - use T-cut for metallic paint. Takes a fair bit of rubbing but does not damage your paint work at all - where as white spirit can.

T-cut is nowhere near as harsh as white spirit g40..

T-cut is a mild cutting agent, very mild.

White spirit will have no effect other then to strip the wax etc off the paint, as car paint is cellulosedbased, not oil based.

G40 is another cutting agent, unsure as to what grade it is, the grading system they use f**king jumps around all over the place and makes no real sense