ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Getting Exhaust to Fit Properly

PH1 V6
Hi all,

just wondering what ideas people have. I recently bough a Janspeed twin pipe exhaust for my 172 cup (second hand). The exhaust sounds great at doesnt blow etc, however the backbox just droops down about 2 inches under the bumper.

The rear hanger is a bit shot but even with a new hanger i know its still not going to look right! it seems quite heavy and there is a bracket the other side of the box, but, not hanger to match it. Im just wondering what i can do..... there is plenty of room to raise the box without it hitting the heatshield.... its almost as if the brackets need re welding so that it all lines up properly......

hmmm... how do i bodge this one!?

PH1 V6
Yeah thats what i am thinking, its strange though because the exhaust sounds great and technically fits quite well, but the more i look at that back box the more i think it was made to fit another car!

PH1 V6
all sorted! the reason it didnt fit properly was because the adjuster pipe in the centre section needed to be shortened so that the the whole exhaust sat in the correct place (further forward) thus clearing the rear beam and sitting nicely in the hangers :) never seen adjustable centre sections before!