ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - front tow eye location?

audi
Hi all - after some emergency help. My friend has broken down and another has gone to tow her. When arrived he can't find the tow eye and is now going to join the AA - I reckon there must be a tow eye at the front oft he clio? I'm hoping one of you chaps with such knowledge could tell me and maybe I can get back in touch before they shell out that cash!

It's a Y plate clio - petrol (maybe 1.2 or a 1.4 - not sure off hand).

Any help would be really great. I reckon there must be one behind a trim or cover!!

Cheers
Rob

p.s. cool forum! - and yes I tried searching first but couldn't find the location! :(

audi
excellent - she's off to look in the boot. do you know which side of the car that it would screw to at the front and where? all other pics of the sports variants I can see on here seem to be at the passenger side just off from the front fogs - I'm assuming it must be around the same area that it screws into?

apparently the AA will be on their way so it will probably cost a lot more than hoped - but that's what ya get when people who have broken down are bloody impatient :mad: lol

cheers

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
If its the same as the Ph1

Then its just behind the 1st opening on the bumper.

060520081301.jpg

audi
brilliant guys! - thanks ever so much.

she managed to find it, though the threads have all rusted behind the bumper so it won't work anyway :(

ah well - we can try. hopefully the AA might be able to help. incidentally it seems like there is either no fuel or no spark getting to the engine as it's happy to try and turn over, life in the battery etc but she just won't fire up. this a common problem? it's been on the urge for teh past month or so and I warned her to get to a garage before something like this happened - but hey ho, always the story eh?

I'll have a search on here see if I can find any common probs.

Cheers
Rob

audi
she went to it and it wouldn't start. as I say it seems to have been struggling to start for a wee while. but it does usually start. there must be something gone on it. it has fuel, it's holding power, possibly not sparking? once up n running she's fine. any ideas? :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
First thing i would check is the TDC sensor, its located on top of the gearbox, picks up the timing, very common for not starting!! Search TDC on here and it will give you some more info!

audi
hi all,

bit of an update to this problem. sent it to a family friend who's a mechanic (very trustworthy :) ) anyway he thought it was the immobiliser as there was no signs of anything else. apparently there is a habit of these leaking water somewhere in the roof lining? anyway regardless of this having anything to do with it - he was sure it was the immob, and sent her packing on her way to a friendly auto electrician.

It later turned out it's the ecu - shagged. So for a recode (not by the stealers) it was sent off. Now apparently (and maybe some of you guys will no more - I may be very wrong) every say 1 in 10 of these lil motors can fail on a recode. Therefore it turns out we either fork out £450 (plus vat) for an aftermarket ecu, which will then be uploaded with all data.

So hopefully this will work. I don't know if it's really worth it to be honest. My friend wants a new car anyway as she's pretty upset with it - just one of those unfortunate things I guess when ya need ya motor back on the road ASAP. It's been over a week and a bit now!! I'm a regular taxi for trips to work and back (not that I mind as she's cool) but it is frustrating.

Just thought I'd pop my info on here and see if anyone had experienced similar problems?

Cheers all :D