ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help from anybody with technical experience please. Urgent!

TT 225
Woke up this morning and got in the car to go out and car wouldnt start. Lights flashing everywhere, even when i tried to lock it it wouldnt lock. So pushed it up the drive and got the charger on the battery. Give it about 6 hours on charge and nothing.

Managed to get some jump leads and connected them up to mums bimmer and it starts fine using her battery but soon as the leads are removed the engine dies. I was told that once the jump leads have been removed the alternator should keep the battery topped up just enough to keep it going. So basically the day before it was running fine and all of a sudden its not working.

I did have a problem when pulling into work the other week where by throttle opened to 3k revs so i turned the engine off and then wouldnt turn on once i had tried to turn it on again (eventually turned on after about 3 goes).

Dad seems to think its the battery as it works fine off another battery but i think its something to do with an electrical fault as the conclusion to my previous thread about the throttle problem was that.

Any help would be appreciated as i need to travel 30 miles to work tomorrow morning!

TT 225
Thanks chaps I shall get a new battery tomorrow, where abouts in Warrington do you think I would be best looking Jord?

Halfords are probably the easiest/best, they all come with 4 year warranties (if not more). Do you know anyone with a Halfords trade card? As you get daft amounts of money off on batteries... I have one but it depends how desperate you are for it!

TT 225
Jord I'm gonna call work tomorrow and take a days holiday so if I could get it off you anytime tomorrow, that would be great! (if you don't mind)?

Yeah thats no problem - Im having to hang round at home all day anyway pretty much. Halfords (Leigh) is only 3 miles down the road from me if thats any use to you?

TT 225
Super! I'll see if one of my mates will do some running round for me tomorrow and we'll come get the card? off you. I will send you a pm tomorrow morning and get your address/number/time off you etc. Cheers again.