ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, Friends 182 has EML lights and following codes.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Friends 182, she had new exhaust fitted few months back k-tec janspeed quiet jobby, guessing it's unrelated but though i'd mention.

EML light came on last week, she's had it taken to a garage and apparently has the following error codes.

DF058 DownStream Oxygen Sensor.
DF135 Brake pedal sensor circuit
DF235 Cruise control/speed limiter.

Now she had no idea the car had cruise control (Typical woman lol) so can't say if that works.

But is the downstream oxygen sensor the lambda sensor in the cat?

Tried getting her to take it to Birchdown but she won't.

inferno 182cup
wich one acctually put the light on??? (u can tell this by going into certon modes on the diagnostics).
did u get a print out of the freeze frame data to poss see a drop out on o2sensor.
it'll prob b nothing in the end any ways man

I would put a down stream oxy sensor (the one in/after the cat) in it, clear the codes and re try it.

Brake pedal and cruise maybe related ie: if the brake pedal switch is faulty, it will mess the cruise control up

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats all the info I have on it, so it's defo likely the lambda sensor?

Guessing she'll leave the cruise control, mainly cos she didn't even know it had it lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Was the lambda sensor, still no idea if the cruise works though lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Most times when the post-CAT H02 triggers the MIL the car just needs to go for a bloody good run... if it gives you anymore trouble it really needs the exhaust gases analysing to rule out CAT failure Vs H02 sensor fault.

172/1.2/E30
adjust the brake pedal switch (should be a guide on here), the cc fault is just a consequence of the pedal switch fault.