ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! FFS lol

Punto/Clio GTT
ok im gonna smash all 3 pcs up soon.

earlier i set up the new cpu, all is well, i put in the new harddrive (which is my old one with vista on it) and it comes up that it wont load, nothing works.

So i decided to throw the harddrive in my pc as a slave, reinstall vista onto it and try that..... tried it and same error messege on gfs pc. The harddrive is perfect as it boots up fine on my pc so im guessing its just installing it to my spec pc and wont support the lower spec pc downstairs?

so.... i took it back out, put it back in my pc upstairs as slave, formatted the harddrive (1 hour) and took it back downstairs only to be told...

[SIZE=-1]BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

over n over same messege.

googled that its possibly down to the partition?

so.... anyone wanna tell me how i partition a harddrive that wont go into dos.

Do i run it as slave on the downstairs pc with a partition cd (will this work), or do i run it as a slave on my pc and run it that way via software (will my pc pick up the harddrive if it isnt partitioned?

thanking you
[/SIZE]

Tesla MP3 2021
have you put vista on it again, if so boot the dvd up and use the repair option, i had the same error a few weeks back and it worked for me

Punto/Clio GTT
i turn on pc with disc in, it flashes up with motherboard details, cpu details etc etc, as im hitting delete it just goes BAM [SIZE=-1]BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

owned
[/SIZE]

Tesla MP3 2021
lol is your keyboard deffo active at the boot stage.
also do you have a motherboard boot screen i.e is there any other option/key to press i.e my gigabyte one says press F8 for boot options.

If you can get it to boot from the DVD then you can deffo repair the BOOTMGR file

Last edited:
  Punto/Clio GTT
right tried f1-f10, delete, enter, escape, then a FULL keyboard multibash.

the keys make clicking sounds & lights on, but its just going straight to [SIZE=-1]BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart[/SIZE]

Tesla MP3 2021
There are several key combinations that work and each system uses their own. When you first power up your computer, view the POST (Power On Self Test) messages. Typically the message prompting you to enter the BIOS setup will be displayed soon after the memory check is completed. Within this message the proper key sequence will be displayed. If you own an HP, Dell, Gateway or other manufacturer, a "splash" screen may be present that hides the POST messages. You can bypass this by pressing the Esc or Tab keys to view the POST messages.

Acer: - Ctrl+Alt+Esc

ALR PC: (F2) or (Ctrl)(Alt)Esc)

AMI BIOS: (Del), (F1) or (F2)

AST, Advantage, Award, Tandon: - Ctrl + Alt + Esc

Award BIOS: (Del) or (Ctrl)(Alt)(Esc)

Compaq: (F10) (do this when the cursor is in the upper right corner of the screen blinking)

Dell: - F1 or Del.

Dell: - Some require pressing reset twice

Dell: - Ctrl + Alt + Enter

DTK BIOS: (Esc)

Gateway 2000: - F1

Hewlett Packard: - F1

IBM:

Older Models - In order to get into the configuration of the IBM setup screen (CMOS) screen you need to hold down both mouse buttons during bootup.

Aptiva - Press F1

IBM PS/2: (Ctrl)(Alt)(Ins) after (Ctrl)(Alt)(Del)

IBM PS/2 with reference partition: - Press Ins during boot

Some PS/2s, such as 75 and 90: - Ctrl Alt ?

Some PS/2s when pointer at top right of screen: - Ctrl + Ins

Leading Edge:

Fortiva 5000 -

NEC: - F2

Packard Bell: - F1 or F2

Phoenix BIOS: (F1), (F2), or (Ctrl)(Alt)(Esc)

Phoenix BIOS: - Ctrl Alt S

Phoenix BIOS: - Ctrl S

Phoenix BIOS: - Ctrl Alt Ins

Sharp Laptop 9020: - F2

Sony: (F3) while you are starting the PC, then (F2) or (F1)

Tandon computers: - Hold down the key after turning on power

Tandon: - Ctrl + Shift + Esc

Toshiba Laptops: - Toshiba Utility

Toshiba: - Press Esc during boot

Toshiba, Phoenix, late model PS/1 Value Point and 330s: - Press F1 during boot

Olivetti PC Pro: - Shift Ctrl Alt + Num Pad Del

Miscellaneous PC's: - Ctrl + Esc or Ctrl and Alt and +

Zenith: - Ctrl Alt Ins

NOTE: Some new motherboard designs have a jumper on the motherboard that disables access to the BIOS. In order to access the BIOS setup, this jumper will have to be disabled. You cannot access the BIOS setup until this jumper has been disabled.

Tesla MP3 2021
^ well thats foooking weird then. you could have broke your delete key ;)

try another keyboard!!!!!!

Punto/Clio GTT
yes you little mother f**king b**ch, whos your daddy.

woke up n had a brainwave that its possible a faulty dvd drive... tried another and its booted the vista dvd straight away

Tesla MP3 2021
yes you little mother f**king b**ch, whos your daddy.

woke up n had a brainwave that its possible a faulty dvd drive... tried another and its booted the vista dvd straight away

i thought it would be something simple.

nice 1 :hail: