ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help- Engine doing weird stuff

Hi all, I own a P reg 1.4s Maxim, the other day my car parked and the engine was running, my friend then spotted a small puddle of a brown liquid stuff, it was fairly watery on the floor underneath the passenger side wheel arch.

Poped the bonnet had a look inside and could see nothing, the car wast over heating, checked fluid levels, but were all fine??

I am baffled by this, the car is still running normally.

Any1 else had this problem before?

Oh dear! Not sure if its the case in the Renault, but in a Peugeot that generally means a leaking Heater Matrix... This could be expensive! :confused:

Williams 2, STi N12

Definatley sounds like from the cooling system. Plus if its brown it could do with a flush and topping back up again.

Get underneath and sort it out. Failing that slap some radweld in there

How do I do a flush of the cooling system?

(thanx for your suggestions)

Could it be an expensive job or could I do it my self?

heater matrix would result in wet carpets at least.

Since your engine was running a leak could occur yet there would be no decrease in coolant leval as the water just expands. You have to check it when its ice cold.

id flush the cooling system anyway, just take off the hoses from the rad, let it drain, then fill it back up as the engien is running, its easier that way. Dont fill it from the expansion bottle as the engine will over heat before you get the system full, do it fromt he top rad openinig. waster wont dome out the hose as the thermo is closed.

What do you mean some1 else car??

If only had the car for a week tommorow, Im taking it to the garage I bought it from for them to have a look, might as well use the warrenty while its there.

I took the clio to the garage I bought it from and they said it had a water pump leak and the reason why it was a murky colour was because theres an oil leak as well, so from Wedenesday I will be driving a sh*tty KA for 2 days.